[NetEpic ML] Re: Let the Revision begin!!

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 01:10:37 -0800

I wrote a big long post on why infantry could not pin tanks, because of
the size class difference. Then I, painfully, discovered they were the
same size class. I deleted my post. :(

Tanks and infantry should NOT share the same size class for pinning, in
my humble opinion. I think it should look like this:

1. Titans/Praetorians
2. Super Heavy Vehiches/Knights
3. All other vehicles
4. Troop Stands
5. Skimmers

Tanks should rightly fear the infantry ambush. But the phased movement
and pinning rules should not combine for the automatic ambush of
vehicles.

Tanks should be attacked in Close Combat, by infantry, because:

A) The tank did not chose to move. (By choice or First Fire orders.)
B) The tank initiated Close Combat with the infantry,
   (pinning the infantry).
C) The infantry moved last, and ambushed the tank.

Hey, that's my $.02!

Warprat ;)