[NetEpic ML] Re: Let the Revision begin!!

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 12:53:24 -0800

Please don't get me wrong, I think infantry are GREAT tank busters when
they can ambush vehicles, or when tanks engage them. I just don't think
they should be able to pin a tank, or a terminator.

Weasel Fierce wrote:

How can they be great??? Most tanks got CAF's of +2 or higher. This
means that even assault marines with melta bombs and power fists are not
very likely to bust it?

Well, normal infantry arn't super weapons, nor should they be. But an
Assault Marine does have a CAF of +3. The KEY to winning Close Combat
is in overwelming the enemy with numbers, so you can get the extra dice.
Cheap infantry, are GREAT for that use.

Or, consider this classic combined arms approach:

1) Rhino pins tank, infantry CC enemy tank.
2) Rhino is destroyed in CC, infantry live.
3) Enemy tank is destroyed.

Warprat