RE: [NetEpic ML] Barrage templates on Titans Q???

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:14:52 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustavius Q Knackerthrasha <justin.hewlett_at_...>
[mailto:justin.hewlett_at_...]
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 9:02 PM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Barrage templates on Titans Q???

Hello

Just played a game last night, where apart from a catastrophic
explosion from my Wierdboy tower, and an exploding Great Gargant, all
was well for the three stands surviving at the end of turn 3!

Another orc victim of the imperator.

A few questions came up that I was hoping someone could answer

1) When template weapons hit a shielded titan do they take off 1
shield or D6 or something else?

One template can only knock down ONE shield. Therefore using template
weapons for this purpose is usually not a wise idea. Of course a barrage
missile launcher that has d6 templates could conceivably knock down more
shields.

2) When they hit a titan without shields how is damage resolved, do
you pick any one location and scatter, or does it also hit multiple
locations?

No. It acts like any other weapon. Select one location and roll for
scatter normally.

3) Can Stormhammers and other superheavies see over pulsa templates?

Good question, titans, praetorians and buildings cannot hide behind it,
but assume all other units can. Another rule of thumb I use is that the
template is about 10cm high. Either way yields good consistent results.

4) We could not find rules for Ghazkull Thakra or any of the Space
Wolf characters, and deathstrike missiles have they been taken out of
the 4.1 rules?

Yes. Ever since version 1.0 it was decided many of those characters were
to "cheesy" and overpowered (especially Ghazkull), so the aren't in net
epic. It doesn't stop players from mutually agreeing on using them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for putting
together NetEpic, having a great time trying to find all my bits.
Keep up the good work

Thank you for trying net epic!!

Peter