Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:11:35 +0100

I think one format we will probably use is for Jar and I to finish the
books, then present each book in detail for general comment and pointing
out what we have missed. This will save time and effort.

---> Probably, or waste what's already done. I've many (IMHO nice) ideas on Squats new possibilities; some of them already written down, some not yet. And also a few rule changes to propose. But still I'm waiting for the squat discussion turn to unleash them. I hope it will be somewhere after January since I'm a bit of overcharged with a lot of work.

It's true that the list hasn't seen much movement lately, but it's also true that Christmas may seem a lot of time to spare in hobbies, when you usually get kidnapped by real life instead.

I also agree, many people on the list remain silent until something catches their interest to write, but that doesn't mean they don't read them and have an opinion about them. A lot of times someone just said that which I was going to say, specially in my case that often I cannot read mail until night or even two or three days later.

And for those who are already disregarding the new version I can only encourage them to make an effort and wait until all army books are finished. Some days ago I re-read what's already done and there is minimal difference beetwen core rules and armies 4.1 and 5. The main difference is the add-on of a lot of "optional rules". Of course there's a lot of players (myself included) that have an ill tendency to adopt optional rules as core whereas possible, since they usually enrich the game, but that doesn't mean v5.0 is bad at all...

Well just my 5 euro cents...