Re: [5.0] Chaos polls results

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...> <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:56:18 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We'll lets kick start the revision for this year and continue on
chaos.

> Results
>
> Phase I
>
> This was two polls to determine what kind of a division was favored
(or
> if none at all was favored).
>
> There was a strong backing to divide the list as opposed to leaving
it
> as is. The main division was between CSM and the rest of the list.
This
> vote was 76% (approx) to just shell out the CSM from the rest of the
> list.
>
> There was also favor to divide into chaos powers, but that was less
that
> the support to just carve out CSM (just 62%).
>
> In summary, the stronger support goes to just separating the CSM
from
> the rest of the list. Dividing into powers perhaps should stay as an
> optional add-on.
>
> Phase II
>
> This was to gauge support for the animosity rules in combination
with
> some kind of division. The first thing is that animosity is strongly
> favored with 14 out of 16 votes. It seems to be favored with just
the
> division of CSM.
>
> In summary, animosity is in (it seems the rules that I posted were
> accepted) with just CSM separated from the rest. Other divisions
should
> be optional.
>
> Notes for Jar
>
> As far as the book goes, divide CSM's out and add animosity.
Division by
> chaos powers should be included as optional.
>
> Phase III
>
> What equipment CSM's can use?
>
> No clear consensus, thus I propose the following:
>
> 1. Keep this short list as "official"
> Land raider
> Rhino
> Dreadnoughts
> Predator
> Whirlwind
> Vindicator
> Landspeeders
> Bikes
> T-hawk
>
> All these were attributed to chaos since the first edition of the
game.

> 2. But also provide an optional short list:
> Land raider
> Rhino
> Dreadnoughts
> Predator
> Vindicator
> Bikes

I prefer this one.

> Phase IV
>
> Now that CSM's are separate we must decide how much "allies" the two
> parts may have, once I hear opinions I will set a poll.
>
> 1. No allies at all!
> 2. May only select 25% from the "other" chaos list
> 3. May select 50% from the "other" chaos list
> 4. Unrestricted allies (which of course make no sense if we are
> separating them in the first place).

This is how I handled the problem:

Codex Chaos Space Marines

...<snip> If the Legion is lead by his Primarch, you may include up
to one Support card (bearing the Mark of the Legion) from the Codex
D�monic Hordes for each Company card taken. These units do not count
as allies, since they follow the same Chaos power.

Codex D�monic Hordes

...<snip> You may also choose to field one Primarch bearing the same
Mark of the Main Army Chaos power: said Primarch is fielded exactly
as a Greater D�mon, and may choose Support and Special cards from
either the D�monic Hordes Codex or the Chaos Space Marines Codex (in
addition, one Company card may be chosen as well).