[5.0] Chaos List division

From: yar_underwood <jarreas_at_...> <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:10:36 -0000

Of the 9 people (other than myself) who have voted in my poll, the
vast majority of them prefer a rule stating which Chaos Powers may
ally. In addition there is a preference to separate the Powers and
the CSM. Consequently, I propose the following:

Standard Chaos List: These are the basics that a raiding party or
Chaos cult could get hold of.
Units on the order of: renegades, beastmen, trolls, a few minor &
generic daemons, cultists, militia and a few lousy tanks & light
artillery units.
Allies: Up to 50% in any other Standard Army List, and may be taken
as an ally by any other Standard Army (restrictions like Eldar and
SoB to be specified later).

Chaos Codex Lists: Pick one and put at least 75% of your points into
[the Codex List plus the Standard List].

Chaos Space Marines: An army centered around *ONE* of the Chaos
Legions.
Units: Chaos Marines, the Legion-specific units, the ever-debated
Marine equipment and the beloved Thunderchicken.
Allies: Up to 25% from any other Standard Army List (Legion-specific
restrictions as appropriate).

Chaos Power: An army centered around *ONE* of the Chaos Powers.
Units: Greater Daemons, that Power's Legion & Primarch, daemons and
other weird units.
Allies: Up to 25% from any other Standard Army List, and up to 50%
from any one other Chaos Power List (Power-specific restrictions as
appropriate).