Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] the revision continues, chaos! (pretty long)

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...> <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:14:34 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> Summary
> As you may remember there was some voting regarding how the chaos
lists should be divided. It was pretty obvious that many thought the
main issue of contention was having CSM�€™s and all the rest
together. This offered too wide a selection with little downfall,
sorta like playing a combined SM/IG force. The majority view was to
separate out the chaos space marine from the rest of the chaos list.
This means the CSM are now their own force just like the loyal space
marine. I urge any members who have variant �€œchapters�€ for CSM to
post them NOW!

Iron Warriors, Night Lords and Word Bearers a while ago. The
discussion about them was somewhat inconclusive but maybe the timing
is a bit better now that we are actually in the middle of the Chaos
revision. I'll mail them separately.

I've done something for all the nine legions... maybe we need a
separate discussion for each one? (like the SM chapters)

> Of course this means we have to define what a CSM can get as
support cards.

> These don�€™t have much opposition:
> Land raiders
> Rhinos
> Bikes
> Predators
> Vindicators
> Dreadnoughts
>
> These are more problematic:
> T-hawk
> Whirlwind
> Landspeeders
>
> I would recommend that we allow all the above units and let people
sort out amongst themselves which to use since that�€™s what people
do anyway.

drop pods instead.

Agree with Jirky... not sure on the drop pods.

> Another point is what �€œallies�€ from the standard chaos list
that should be allowed. Besides greater demons and primarchs I would
say only allow �€œdemonic�€ units (i.e minor demons), any broader
leeway invalidates the separation that has been made.

and a minor daemon for the legions followinng Chaos undivided.

We can add Furies and consider Chaos Androids as Chaos Undivided
daemons...

> [snip]
> Chaos Space Marine Legions
> These are special Company Cards that may only be purchased if the
corresponding Primarch is also purchased.

be changed a bit. After all, with the exception of Iron Warriors none
of them have a primarch.

I think they should have the classic army construction: a Company
card, 5 support cards and a special card.