RE: [NetEpic ML] Units pinned in close combat

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:27:37 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
[mailto:seimejote_at_...]
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 6:00 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Units pinned in close combat

A unit pinned in close combat (after a draw in the previous turn) can
be assigned orders?

>>>No. When you're pinned you fight until one is dead.

More specifically: a Warhound charged in a previous turn, but does
not destroy his target which casually pin it. Can still be assigned
Charge orders so, after hopefully destroying its enemy in the
subsequent CC phase, could benefit from the "-1 penalty to be hit
when on charge orders" in the subsequent Advance phase?

It depends, is the warhounds target a titan or praetorian? If so the
answer is no. If it is a lesser unit, then yes.

Or (same case): the same Warhound, can be assigned First Fire orders
in order to shoot to the target that pins him BEFORE the close combat
is resolved?

No, it can move away from combat if not pinned, it can do nothing but
fight close combat if pinned.

IMNSHO, the answer is a big NONO to both questions, but I want to
hear someone else... (my idea is that units still pinned in close
combat during the orders phase cannot be assigned orders).

>>>You are correct.

Peter