[v5.0]Chaos

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:09:41 +0300

I have finally read through the Chaos list and here are my findings. I concentrated on searching rules, which are somewhat unclear (to me) and need clarification. I did find a couple of units, which seem "powerful" at first glance, but since I haven't done any playtesting I can't comment on that.

Altar of Slaanesh: Siren's call. Does this power affect units on FF since they are forced to move, eg. are their orders changed to advance?

Tzeentch Magi: Terror wave. What happens if this hits unshielded titan? Is it affected like any other model i.e destroyed on 1-2?

I'm still against Chaos having Thunderhawks and even more so of them having ThunderChickens. Does the ThunderChicken have a special Egg bomb attack? Nurgle obviously has rotten eggs while Tzeentch has Eggs of Wonder, but what do the others have?

Is the Black Legion reward card some kind of test of whether people actually read these rules...?

And a funny suggestion from the past RT era: Blood Boyz.
Blood Boyz are Stormboyz who have not gotten over their adolescent desire to "get organished". Their growing militarism and martial values invariably lead them to the service of Khorne, the Blood God. Serving Khorne has a rather unusual effect to these boyz. While most servants of the Blood God are bloodthirsty berserkers who howl for blood and carnage the Blood Boyz are ultra-disciplined, a fact made even more unbelievable by them being Orks. The trademarks of these Orks are disciplined volleys of fire and coordinated assaults. The Blood Boyz are so diciplined they don't need to make a morale test if their Greater Daemon is destroyed. The downside is that Mark of Khorne and Chaos reward Blood Rage have no effect on them.

Move: 15cm
Save: -
CAF: +2
Weapons: Bolt Pistols & Chain Axes
Range: 25cm
Attack dice: 1
To-hit: 4+
TSM: 0
Notes: Jump Packs, Ultra-Disciplined

Support card of 8 stands (the sacred number of Khorne)
Break Point: 5
Morale: 2
Victory Points: 4
Cost: 350