My final opinion about chaos! - PART 1

From: ugoslave <ugoslave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:06:07 -0000

Hi to all!
this is a first part of my total opinion about the three version of
chaos that are present on netepic file section:

4.1
AntiChrist
Yar

I write now this message that I was preparing a long time ago,
because now is exploded the discussion about the chaos (before I
finished my analysis).

Then, before go to polls for vote Yar questions, I will post my
opinion about his codex (that I have read a long time ago).

so, I will start:

This message's about the 4.1 error and new proposal (my ideas that
can be applied on the new codexs).

these are the errors that we have already discussed during the last
year:

1) daemon engines: the daemon engine power change for the gods to
which the engine is associated.

2) the daemon engine default power (korne)is incorrect: the +1
saving throw bonus is missed.

3) minion daemons, trolls and minotaurs are infantry!

4) lord of battle can use his weapons only.

5) chaos magi powers: have been revised in this discussion:

6) new error (I post this for the first time): Plague tower is a
Praetorian, and codex says: "Although a Greater Daemon it must be
given orders normally" .
   but the praetorian (from 4.1 core rules) "are considered command
(HQ) vehicles for purposes of movement and firing (they move at
Charge rate and fire in the First Fire segment)."
Plague towers need order? how much move plague tower?

My new proposals:

1) Cannons of Korne: imho the rules about misfire=explosion is
exaggerated... imho for explosion of a cannon the player must roll
HIT and MISFIRE.
If I remember, the original rule on renegades was this....but maybe
thah I'm wrong...
2) The greater daemons target rule: is correct that you can fires on
GD for his dimensions, but is also a HQ. Imho, if any knights are
nearest, you canfire on GD.

ok, this is all!
the next mex is about Yar codex!