Re: [NetEpic ML] Refined Chaos animosity rule

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:35:33 -0000

You should roll for each pair: the other way effectively doubles the
chances the GD run amok. I've reworded the rule accordingly, so it is
now more clear:

Animosity - Roll 1d6 for each pair of Greater D�mons of opposite
Chaos powers within 50cm at the start of the Orders phase: on 4+ both
Greater D�mons and all their attached Minion cards must attack each
other in the subsequent turn. All units with a ranged attack must
move at their normal movement rate during the Compulsory Movement
phase towards the hated Greater D�mon and fire on it or its minions
(opposite player chooses) in the Advance Fire segment. All units
without a ranged attack must instead move at double their normal
movement rate during the Compulsory Movement phase towards the hated
Greater D�mon and try to get into close combat with it or its minions
(opposite player chooses). The following Chaos powers are opposite to
each other: Khorne hates Slaanesh (and vice-versa), Tzeentch hates
Nurgle (and vice-versa).

Hope it's more clear now! =)
We can also go the other way and test every GD for itself... this
should lead to more animosity for the Chaos player, but may be more
entertaining... I can live with both versions!

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_m...>
wrote:
> I prefer my version, but I agree it needs some work. One question
that should be answered is, "Does each Greater Daemon make a 4+ roll
to attack ever other GD it can see, or does every *pair* of GDs take
one roll?" It makes a difference.

> The way I have it, you point to each GD you control and roll for
every other GD that it can see (and is within 50 cm). If any of those
rolls are 4+, it must pick one of the hated targets and attack.

> The way you have it, you point to each GD pair and make a single
roll to see if they are both affected.

> Which way should it go?
> -Yar

=-=
> \~
> |~ ^
> /~ |
> You are here. Wouldn't you rather be out
there? -->
=-=