RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: The close combat issue.

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:43:18 -0400

Hi!

Albert is correct. Even with the simplest of ideas, you must se what
changes it does on the rules as a whole. For example, if you give a
certain ability to move around in close combat, then you must change
certain power like rampage, chaos powers that permit extra moves and
close combat, the juggers ability, etc. This is where most ideas
breakdown, the integration with the rest of the rules.

Out of curiosity, has anyone read or tried Heresy II? Most of the things
you are trying to include are already in it, in fact it's that same
"desire" to include mechanics that netepic didn't have is what spark
Heresy to be born. Sorry if I sound like a commercial mentioning Heresy
so frequently, but I think if you want certain game concepts like
suppression, impact of morale on combat ability and actual command and
control you should take a look at it in our files section (those at the
Epicentre are outdated).

Peter