[NetEpic ML] Re: heresy bug hunting

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:57:15 -0600

Hi!

> >all
> > > Yeah, but the thing that REALLY bothers me is that eldar dark reapers
> >are
> >as
> > > likely to miss their shots as gretchin....
> >
> >The porblem is to rectify this may be too complicated. I'm all ears for a
> >simple solution though.
>
> Yeah, i dont know...give troops a bonus to their "anti-stealth" rolls
equal
> to leadership bonus. Just use morale instead. I dont know whether this
would
> tip the scales to much...otherwise give a racial modifier to this. Like
> marines getting +1, +2 to eldar etc.

The problem with bonuses is that it cancels the units edge with stealth.
Remeber it is a straight froll will leadership bonus for the command unit.
IF the firing unit is given bonuses it cancels its advantage making stealth
much less useful. Do to the commanders importance in Heresy and the liberal
firing restrictions, they need the edge. That everyone has the same chance
doesn't bother me as much as making stealth less useful.

One option is to make archaic troops like gretchin NOT be able to target
stealth units. That way only troops with tech for targetting may do it. I
will add this to the archaic troops skill.

Peter