Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Titan Battlegroup

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:57:22 +1000

>Yes, you would: field them as three separate special cards.

As I said, I would never actually field them all together. My forces are
not large enough to support taking Titans in three special slots.

>Freeing 2 special card slots is a big advantage that should be paid,
>IMO, and "Same weapon configuration" may fit the bill.

Sorry, its far too restrictive. Besides, it makes no tactical sense
according to the fluff. Several are the stories of Titans fighting in
formations, maintaining a coherency, but with very different weapon fits to
maintain flexibility.

>If not, propose another solution... =)

Sure. The one we currently have. The Titans must maintain a formation
coherency. They are bought together and must be fielded together. You
want to have the flexibility of the Titans being placed wherever you want
on the field? Field them as three separate cards. Simple.

If people have such a big issue with the advantages of both getting a free
hull and freeing up three special card slots when purchasing a battlegroup
as a Company (or two specials if its for a Non-Imperial battlegroup), then
I propose that we simply scrap the free hull. People pay for the privilege
of freeing up slots by having to use the Titans in
formation. Simple. Also, there shouldn't be any Titan Battlegroup Company
cards for any army EXCEPT the Tech Guard (As they are the heart of those
armies).

Well, that's another 2c. Heh, I guess I've been a big spender lately. ;-)

-Kelvin....

"I feel like I am being nibbled to death by...what are those Earth
creatures called? Feathers? Go 'quack'?"
"Cats."