RE: [NetEpic ML] Eldar revision, part 2

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:11:09 +0200

Hi, I'm jumping in...

> > +AC+ Just one thing: these are _not_ Exarchs, but
Phoenix Lords.
> > Exarchs are supposed boosting theri respective
Aspect Warrior squads,
> > not joining together on the battlefield.

> Agreed, change the name.

Err, I beg to disagree.
1. Exachs became veteran sarges only in W40K 3rd
edition ; earlier they were independent characters not
necessarily among their squads.
2. Exarches are advanced aspect warriors, but there is
no need for them to mother regular aspect warriors
able to stand on their own!
3. There is only ONE phoenix lord per aspect. They are
far closer to special characters, than simply a
special card. I can't imagine a "unit" of special
characters - (4 stands of 5 models, so 20 phoenix
lords... There is not even 20 aspects)
4. Most of us have the card with "Exarch" written on
it, so why bother changing the name ?

So to me Exaches is more appropriate.

----> I agree!!!!

Well, again I disagree slightly (on the other hand,
consider I agree on every point I'm not disagreeing
with...)
Vypers are mobile fire support platforms. They should
not have a high assault value (+1 CAF is fine for me)
and I think they should have the same save than any
comparable vehicule, like the land speeder.

----> I support your opinion on this one aswell!!!

Nils_