[NetEpic ML] Re: Heresy army list questions

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:16:25 -0600

Hi!

> I noticed there are point values for two vehicle commanders (Leman Russ
and
> Predator) in the IG list but no description. Are those normal vehicles
with
> stealth and leadership of 3?
Note it says one caompany comander and one preadtor or leman russ, this
means you get one infantry command stats with normal stats and a regular
vehicle with noral stats as a transport. However in Heresy at the begining
of the skills rules it stats that commander using vehicles as transport may
transfer skills to it (like stealth)

> Only 4 Rough Riders per detachment?!? Quite a trim considering there are
10
> stands per platoon in NetEpic...Heresy! :)

You'll find A LOT of trimming like this in the rules. this is to give
polayers a change to get into the hobby without needing enormous amounts of
figs.

> Rhino is listed as a support unit for IG but there is no detachment entry
> for it.

Will correct.

> The superheavies seem to have gained a lot of speed, they are as fast as
> Vindicators.

I view Vindicators as pretty slow tanks, just like super heavies so I gave
them similar movement.

> I really think there should be a Knight company commander. I can just
about
> swallow that a superheavy company commander sits in a Leman Russ but isn't
> Knight commander in a Leman Russ/Chimera a bit too much? Especially since
> both are slower than most knights. Also, how about a battalion commander
> (baron)? He could have a restriction of attaching only Knights.

True, I might just take the knight baron out of the special units and make
it a commander.

> Small thing aside, I think you (Peter & co) have done great work. Keep it
> up!

Thanks, but much more editing needs to be done for a truely great product,
thanks for all your input

Peter