Re: [5.0] Eldar summary

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:57:47 -0000

Comments below =)

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here are the issues touched upon during those discussions (if I
missed
> any please post them).
>
> 1. Dire avengers. Considered weak. It seems giving them a 4+ to hit
with
> a -1 cumulative degrading of fire is favored, but there is some
> disagreement to cost.
>
> Should is stay at 100 points or be 150?

+AC+ 125?

> 2. Farseer powers, proposal to make them same as the warlock with
the
> addition of "guide" +1 bonus to hit for one friendly unit in 25cm
of the
> farseer.

+AC+ Agree, but only for infantry units (and Dark Reapers hitting on
3+ is still a fearsome prospect...)

> 3. Drop Coersion power from farseer list

+AC+ Agree

> 4. Dreadnoughts and wraithguard get orders JUST from warlocks and
> farseers not "any" living elder.

+AC+ Fluffwise only Warlocks, IIRC

> 5. Warp hunter discussion, or "how many rolls you really need". Two
> camps, those who think it's too random and hard to hit and those who
> think redcuing scatter makes it too powerful. The easy solution is
the
> original rule with a variant listed to be revisited at a later date.

+AC+ Agree

> 6. Platform variant addition.
>
> Anti-Grav Scatter Laser
> like lascannon but with anti infantry role:
> mov 10 cm, range 50cm, THR 4+, ST 0, Attack dice 2.
> Range, and ST reduced, added Attack dice and cost unchanged.

+AC+ Agree

> 7. Titan mounted Vibro-cannon? Useless. No commentary at present.
> Opinions? Stephane's variant suggested a single scatter but 3d6 not
2.

+AC+ Agree

> 8. Craftworld variant rules for army selection. Anti-christ stuff
will
> be listed as alternate variant rules if no one disagrees.

+AC+ Ok for me ^^

> 9. There were some discussions regarding names for Exarchs and
such. The
> arguments went both ways. Any more opinions?
>
> 10. Shuriken pistols for howling banshees and striking scorpions?
Any
> dissent on this?

+AC+ Agree

> 11. Suggestion to reduce the Vyper CAF to make it more of a support
> unit. Opinions?

+AC+ Agree, but also add another weapon (1 Shuriken cannon + 1
Shuriken catapult)

> 12. Wraithguard, movement as infantry.

+AC+ Not only movement, but completely classed as infantry (so they
can be carried on falcons or wave serpents or whatever)

> 13. Suggestion to classify as heavy artillery the following units:
>
> Doomweaver
> Firestorm
> Unicorn
> Warp Hunter