Ork questions

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:27:53 -0400

Hi!

These are some questions I got regarding the ork list and rules and my
answers, opinions, as always are welcome!

> hey primarch,
> My friend and I have a few friendly debates over some of the rules.
> We've scoured over the rules, FAQ, and errata and found no answers to
> these questions. We were hoping you could clarify for us.
>
> 1. In the netepic rules, under the section about mekboy cards it says
> "the renegade mekboy clan can take up to 5 mekboy support cards."
> However, the renegade mekboy clan is listed as a special card not a
> clan card. Which is it?

Hmmm...I think it needs to be reworded, but its actually a little of
both. Its a special card, but having it increases the normal allotmet
the clan card gives you to 5.

> 2. If I use a mega gargant as a company card and assign extra boyz as
> support, what natural instincts would they have, basically what clan
> are they from?

Needs to be cleared up, the working assumption is that you choose a
clan the gargant hails from and applies affects accordingly.

> 3. Do slasha gargants, mekboy gargants and great gargants have to obey
> the ork command rule?

No.

> 4. For the Mega garant i have to pull, randomly, nine krew counters.
> However I dont know how many of each type of counter is in the
> starting pool. The same for drawing shouting counters.

I have fielded this question before and needs to be cleared up by the
list of counters from the TL boxed set, I need to look it up....

> 5.Do the freebooterz Kaptins have different stats than the
> freebooterz? In the section on them it says the new kaptin(when the
> old is killed) gets the stats of the kaptin, however there are no
> stats for freebooterz kaptin in the netepic rules.

They receive "nobz" stats.

> 6. Do you get mekboy cards for purchasing the renegade mekboy clan?
> how about mekboy gargant?

No, although the argument could be made that they should add some too.

> 7. A vortex missile hits a gargant/titan and the titan is immobilized,
> however the vortex missile which is centered on them doesnt move in
> the end phase, does the titan take another round of damage next turn,
> or does it get moved to the edge of the template as often happens with
> other weapons?

Gets hit again! It either moves or you move, in this scenario you're
basically screwed....hehehe.

> I guess this is it. Thanks, for any help you are able to provide.

Post these on the list for discussion, they are good questions.

Peter