Re: [NetEpic ML] Points cost per unit

From: Angel <angel_stranded_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:19:10 -0000

> No and yes. I suspect the origional costs came from "what the
designers thought it should cost." Over the years those costs have
been modified by playtesting and various cost fomulas.

Formulae are a fine starting point, but actual playtesting is the
only way to see if it actually works out the way it should.

> If you've got ideas and opinions, and can back them up with valid
arguements, we'd like to hear about them.

In preparation for last night's game (Orks vs BT), I had a good look
at the BT lists. (I don't have them here for reference, I'm at work
right now so apologies if I get some numbers wrong). It looks like
they can have 3 Land Raiders for 300 points, that's fine, 100pts each
is okay. But they can swap one of those LRs for four Close Assault
Veteran Terminator stands (+8 CAF). In an Ork army you'd only get
four Boyz stands for that much (+3 CAF if they are Goffs, but no
save). Nobody should be able to swap 100 points of equipment for 4
Termie stands, regardless of their equipment.

I'll check these numbers again later.

Steve