Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranids vs Squats

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:56:48 +0100

 Hi,

> Now that you have me thinking about the tyranid VP scheme, I'll
> throw out an idea I had, but never posted for general commentary.
> Instead of giving the same VP's again for wiping out a force, why
> not just subtract the VP's for objectives the non-tyranid player has
> secured from his total? Tyranids dont care about objectives but the
> opponent does and not controlling them hurts him.
>
> So, they tyranid would get normal VP's for breaking, but the
> opponent would have to subtract 5Vp's for every objective not under
> his control, which means he can't just ignore objectives to wipe out
> tyranids alone.
>
> If in the end turn the non-tyranid player has 5 objectives, but 3
> are not in his control, he must subtract 15 VP's from this total.
>
> Dont know what implications it has for play, but its an idea to test
> nonetheless.

--->Probably the game will last one or two more turns, since Tyranids don't
getextra VP, only from casualties, and the other army gets fewer points from
objectives. Ah, and will also be quite bloody game, up to the last stand...
maybe... Still Tyranids would only win completely wiping out theother
army... It's more fluffy but less chances for tyranids to win.

And indeed, favour ironclad armies. He who manages to keep more unharmed
titans or paretorians in the fourth and following turns will win the game
since the reduced firepower of the enemy army won't be able to take them
down. And concretely, with the new antipersonnel rules, it's really
difficult for nids to take down titans in CC. I always say that a Titan that
survives the two first turns with shields on it will end the battle in one
piece (save for bad luck with those ******* Shokk attack guns). But this is
only a suposition of mine.

Could work. But it will be really bloody game...

> > > Of course there are ways of beating the squats with tyranids, but
> > > thats another thread.
> > >
> > even without the squat extra VP for wiping out?
>
> Sure, squats have big guns, but they are few, thats one thing to
> exploit and tyranids have several ways to do this.

Then maybe it is not so critical these extra VP...

Albert