RE: [NetEpic ML] Whats the buzz?

From: Christian Danckworth <4names_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:38:17 +0100 (MET)

how glad i am that ebay exists...

same in our group in berlin :

its good that EA exists for epic in generell, but we will keep playing
netepic

--
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++
Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam f�r nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail

>From: Peter Ramos
>To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [NetEpic ML] Whats the buzz?
>Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:30:48 -0400
>
>Hi!
>
>As most of you know GW will soon release yet another version of epic
>called Epic Armageddon.
>
>I was curious to know members opinions on:
>
>1) The game itself

Don't care. I'm tired of GW politics with respect to Epic. Will the game
survive more than two years? They won't get me again... at least I won't say
anything bad of the game. Don't care, that was it.

>2) Is epic looking to be revived at all in your area?

It would be nice, but probably... not. There's not a big bunch of possible
players, that means that most armies will have to be bought from 0. Ugh...
that's a lot of money for kids. Adults involved in mianiature wargames just
flee from anything that begins with "Game" and ends with "Workshop". 15 mm
historical miniatures are preferred in my zone.

>3) Are you trying out the new rules?

I don't have the nerve. NetEpic works OK for me and its revision system
works better than GW's one and is undoubtfuly more democratic and yields
better results.

>4) New miniature prices.

As with other GW lines. Soon they miniatures will be classed as jewelry (due
to the prize, the quality is not that much better). I bought a halfling star
player (heard of Mr BaconBreath?) for 8euros. A Halfling!
I have more than three quarters of my SM chapter, I don't want to think
which is the price now because I will be tempted to sell it for a good
price. Actually, has anyone tried to figure the cost of a 4000 point ork
army with the new prices?

>5) Availability issues?

Dunno. Still remember the lack of miniatures with Epic40k... the question
is: has GW a real intention to hit the stores with E:A or maybe wants to
rely in the mail&net market outside UK and US? Will they translate the game
rules for the kids (who hardly understand english in my country)?

Albert