Re: [NetEpic ML] Artillery issues

From: warren coleman <bunnycoleman2002_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:45:34 +0000 (GMT)

Peter,

I am abit of a lurker on this list but have a very, very large IG army which grows continually (Orks are doing ok as well, thank God for E-Bay!!)

Being an IG General I have been looking for a rational to my artillery and there you are, my saviour.

Thank you!

Great idea, looking forward to the Gold Edition and will send in some pics of my army for you to consider if they are good enough to grace the pages.

Please keep up the good work.

Warren

Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...> wrote:
Hi!

As the editing on the revision continues I wanted to bring up a couple
of points regarding IG artillery.

As of this moment we have:

Bombards
Basilisks
Manticores
Griffons
Medusa

There are quite a few artillery units and they are not "distinct" enough
in their battlefield role. Below I have attempted to differenciate them
and make them more unique.

1. Bombards. This one is easy since I think it needs no changes. Its
role as "bunker buster" it fulfills a unique niche.

2. Basilisks. I like the take the nwer rule has given this unit, since
it functions more like a WWII german 88mm gun. It would sort of like a
hybrid direct fire weaker artillery role.

Direct fire mode: 100 cm range, 1 Attack die, 4+ to hit, -2 modifier CAF 0
Artillery mode 2 BP's, save modifer -1

3. Manticores. I view them as a broad area artilery barrage, but slow
firing. They fire one turn and need the next turn to reload.

Their stats remain the same, but they get one barrge template PER model
in the unit, so they cover a lot greater area.

4. Griffons. As a mobile mortar type unit. I visualize it as a weapon
that rather go head on with defenses it hits on the weaker "tops" of
structures and kills occupants avoiding most cover.

Range 100 cm, 2BP's, save modifer -1, ignores cover modifiers

5. Medusa. This is a specialized direct fire gun for heavy armored targets.

Range 100cm, 1 attack die, 4+ to hit, -3 save modifer. This weapon can
affect and destroy buildings too.

Comments and opinions?

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: