[NetEpic ML] Re: Rules Questions for Everyone!

From: Andy Michaud <amichaud_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:28:34 +0000

Warprat wrote:

> Drop Pods:
>
> 1) Can Drop Pods target enemy units, to fall on, before scatter
> is rolled?
> 2) If Drop Pods can target units, can they target unseen units in
> forests?
> 3) What effect do Drop Pods have on buildings? Can you land on them?

1) Why wouldn't drop pods be able to target enemy units? According to the
NetEpic 3.0 rules you could technically be aiming for the ground under the
unit. You would then roll for scatter. I think that this is a good rule. It
allows Drop pods to be used as expensive artillery in order to eliminate a
few targets and ensure a safe landing for the rest of the troops.

2) I think that this would be going too far with the rule. I would say if
they landed in the forest they would be destroyed and not cause damage
below them if they landed in the forest.

3)I would assume Building would be forced to make a save at -3.

Andy