Re: [NetEpic ML] Bases ?

From: Angel <angel_stranded_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:51:38 -0000

> Incoming! EZine issue #6 has an article by Ron DuBray called "How
> make your own bases" which shows how to fabricate the square type
of
> bases. It is on page 15 of 18 and is available at the EPICentre.

I tried that. It works, but takes longer than I wanted. I just got
a sheet of plastic card and cut it into squares of the right size,
then glued the minis straight on. By the time they have been
painted/flocked, they look just as good as the 'proper' ones. It was
also very convenient to make double-length bases for Ork Skorchas,
they don't fit on a single base and are a bit fragile to be left on
their own.

The old square bases look better than the newer skinny strips, and
that's all the reason I need. I won't field an army that doesn't
look right.

For Squats, I am just putting four minis to a base these days since
the little guys are getting hard to find!

Steve