Slann Fluff

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:15:38 -0400

Hi!

As we proceed to finalize the books for the 5.0 revision I find myself
musing over the Slann fluff. It was made with no real input from the
group and not really talked about over the years in a critical sense.

Since the slann necrons will be renamed, its perhaps wise to revisit the
fluff and conform the background to make then a more direct player in
the battles taking places in the imperial galaxy.

The old slann background tells us that the slann while knowledgeable go
into racial perios of "stupor" or being totally uncaring of the rest of
the universe.

I thought the best background would come from the Slann re-awakening
from another such era and realizing all the new (and old) dangers out
there. Necrons reawakening, chaos as a major player and races like the
Eldar in decay.

They have identified the our galaxy as a pivitol point of conflict where
perhaps the future of what sentient lifeform will dominate will be
determined.

The slann will need to learn quite a few things, dealing with other
races as well as with the new foes.

Note that their army stats and such WILL NOT CHANGE. This is merely a
background issue and it will be made to accomodate what we have.

So taking this very basic framework what else would you add?

Peter