Re: [NetEpic ML] How much would you pay for a net epic rulebook?

From: Ed Raith <ewraith_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:53:01 -0500

I would pay $50 for such a book. Ed
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Deda
  To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 8:18 PM
  Subject: R: [NetEpic ML] How much would you pay for a net epic rulebook?

>As I have mentioned before at some point after 5.0 PDF release we will
>make available an actual full color rulebook.

  Nice idea! ^__^

>Now to the real questions:
>
>How much would you be willing to pay for a full color 200-300 page
  rulebook?

  Oh well... I really don't know! ^__^ I could think at something like a D&D
  Handbook.. and I spent around 35/40 US$ without much problems. It really
  depends of the print and binding quality!

>What king of binding it should have? Spiral? regular "perfect bound"?

  I don't know what "Perfect Bound" is..but if it is the one done with glue, I
  prefer spiral. The top would be a "real" binding (like, to keep the same
  example, the current D&D books...but I think it's a difficult one to
  achieve).

>Any other preference regarding the book?

  WELL...I'd spend the money just for a totally finished product! I'd buy it
  just after being sure every possible rules debates, clarification or
  misprinting would be absent. Obviously I am only speaking about
  group-dependant problems, not caused by the print company or bookbinder (I
  volunteer from now to read the final products to look for misprints and the
  like before they go to print!).

  I wouldn't spend the money for a book I can print at zero cost myself,
  altough in B&W, if there's a risk it becomes "obsolete" after a short while!

  On the other hand, a well done book, with well done and well discussed rules
  like the 5.0 is going to be would be well worth its price, and the oversea
  shipping!

  -Andrea