RE: Bike weapon question

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 06:47:59 -0700 (PDT)

> Whilst converting the Space Marine book with the new
> Point Defense ability (range 25, hit on 6+ with 0
> TSM), I noticed that the Imperial, Marine and Scout
> bikes have worse weapons (range 15, hit on 6+ with 0
> TSM). I propose upgrading the bikes to the better
> wapons. They'll still be worse than the Attack Bikes
> (who have range 25, 2 shots, hit on 5+ with 0 TSM).
> Opinions? Should I just go directly to a poll?
> -Yar

Uh, if I remember correctly Point Defence Weapons
should be 15cm range, not 25 - so Bikes weapons are
just par with them.

And by the way, I see no problem in some units having
worse weapons than PDS - they're not supposed to be
the minimal weapon profile, are they ? After all,
always firing in the first fire segment is something
powerful of its own.

IMHO and apart from the range issue, no side effect
should be applied to units having apparently "worse"
weapons.

 Stephane

=====
Stephane "The Guy Without A Nickname" Montabert
"It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik