Some thing about V5

From: Archi Magister F�ag�l <mangonneau_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 17:44:58 +0200

>> I think Striking Scorpions and Howling
>> Banshee are too mighty in close combat. +6 is
>> too much. +3 would be more rigth. With a
>> laspistol (25 cm, 5+).
>> Theses Eldar Aspects are not better
>> than imperial assault SM. Theirs special
>> rules are more than enough.
>
> True, this is an old "inconsistency". Problem is
> to change it might cause unforseen balance problems
> in the eldar army. I would test the theory and then
> perhaps submit the results to the group.

        Thanks.

        But I think that the laspistol compensate
  the CAF reduction. For exemple in defense with a
  Fire Order or against ennemies in higher grounds.

>> IMPERIAL SPACE MARINES
>> [SNIP Rhinos/SM]
>>
>> I think that SM would be able to have
>> better fire skill. Like 4+.
>
> I agree in principal, but since GW burdened us
> with a d6 system a +1 bonus (or penalty) is just
> too much and causes balance issues. This is
> something that has been tried and in my
> experience makes SM too good.

        Ok. I think you're right.

>> In SM2/TL, I concede a +1 bonus against
>> infantery for all anti-personnel weapon like
>> bolter, storm bolter & co... To give infantery
>> back the like, I add a modifier to fire against
>> it equal to TSM.
>
> Not a bad idea. What has been your experience with it?

        It was good. But I play in urbain ground.
  But I don't know effects in lighter grounds.

             Archi Magister Feagul

"ANHAK DRAKKHEN AGHNAHIR HURTHD !!!!!"
.