Q: fliers (+ possible typo)

From: topi_mikkola <topi.mikkola_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:56:21 -0000

Hi,

First of all, kudos for great rules! I used to play AT/SM1 alot many
years ago, and NetEpic rules got me hooked again. We have been playing
several games with 4.x rules (as a smallish campaign) and last night
played first game with v5 rules and few questions about fliers surfaced:

- page 19 of core rules (Flyers & Floaters) states
6) Hard Targets: Only Infantry-class units on First Fire Orders, and
AA units may fire at Floaters (but not Floaters) that are in the air
(high or low altitude). Psykers on First Fire Orders may use their
abilities as normal.

The (but not floaters) is apparently a typo? Should this be intepreted
so that Inf on FF can fire at flyers/floaters with -1 associated with
hard targets? And AA on any orders can shoot, ignoring -1 penalty. How
about snap firing at them?

- Also floaters and flyers cannot be pinned, so smaller army (less
detachments) with interceptors cannot really engage enemy bombers as
they can always move after fighters have moved, am I right?

br,
Topi Mikkola