Re: [NetEpic ML] Warmonger and other things

From: douglas woodcock <douglas_woodcock_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:40:08 +0000 (GMT)

Pictures are a bit of work, I am currently trying to catalogue my stuff using the catalogues and cropping scans. What did you have in mind regarding images for Netepic?

Doug

Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...> wrote:

>Quick question: does Netepic have "official" stats for the Warmonger
>class Titan? If yes, where do I find them? and what about Abominatus
>(the "modified" chaos Emperor titan)?

I've got the Warmonger written up in the Optional Rules book, which will take quite some time to release as it's the last book that'll be released. I can get a rough draft out sooner if you'd like to run one, though.

>A not so quick question: just how good is the newest GW Epic
>incarnation anyway? Does it hold a candle to NetEpic?

Pretty good, and yes. I haven't played all that many games, so you should listen to others for solid playability experience. There are quite a few nice design concepts that I agree with (e.g. countercharge and AP vs AT), but IMHO NetEpic has a better 'feel' to it. Artillery isn't as devastating and shooty armies can be effective, for instance. My suggestion: get the free rules online and try it out yourself. The very fact that the rules are available for free is a big point in their favor, as is the constant playtesting and updating they do.

>And last but not least: I think it's time to build and integrate an
>image library within the "core" NetEpic functionality.

I've got a start on it with a NetEpic Hardware book, and in my copious spare time I'll add images to the miniature lists. Having an image library is a good idea and has appeared several times. Having someone actually put it together is another story, though. Perhaps you'd like to volunteer? *grin*
-Yar

\~
|~ ^
/~ |
You are here. Wouldn't you rather be out there? -->