Re: [NetEpic ML] Imperial hardware book update

From: douglas woodcock <douglas_woodcock_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:18:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Lyle,

The Eldar vehicles and fliers you speak of were models of what the new Eldar vehicles would have looked like for the Epic40k version at the time. I think amongst those was the Phoenix Bomber but they went with the different design, plus I am sure there were a few eldar tanks in that selection as I have them myself. Also available at the same time were the Exodites, and they will never be released officially unless GW have a change of heart. Nice models and worth the expense.

The description of the mounts and titan bits are definately the Psi Titan. This was a mail order release that was probably limited in the UK. I got my as a special promotion from the UK mail order and at the time I didnt have the money to buy the Exodites that were also described by the Troll, although I should have got them too. Instead I waited til they were available via US mail order

Hope that helps
Doug

Doug

LFand MA Cumberland <kelm_at_...> wrote:
Hi everyone,
Games Workshop USA also released a number of Eldar vehicles including fliers that were not generally released for retail sale.They were certainly not available from GW UK.I can try to list them if anyone is interested.

I also have a special release from Games Workshop UK that must have occured 10 years or so ago. It is a large gun mount decorated with miniature buildings on each side. The gun in the mount was large and was claimed to be for fighting chaos demons.The gun mount(that looks a bit like a small cathedral) fits into the 4 mount points on the carapace of the old beetle warlord titan.It came with a special titan head that has a small gun coming out of the mouth and 2 larger guns, 1 on each side of the head.Is this the Psi Titan that is being referred to or is it another separate release?.

The hardware book looks great .The listings for the gorgons is incomplete.There have been 3 types (marks) of gorgon released.The second picture is not of a gorgon but one of the new siege infantry vehicles.This book will be a great reference and has reminded me just how many variations of the same model(vehicle) i have bought!! No wonder iam always broke!.

Thanks again for all the great work done by the group.

Cheers, Lyle