Re: [NetEpic ML] BaneLord Questions for upcoming Game-

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:50:11 -0400

Toma Diener wrote:

>Hello Hello!
>
>Brian and I plan on playing Tomorrow (sat apr 9) and I will be using
>the Khornate army that I haven't played since NetEpic 3.2 and the now
>infamous 'Battle of the 30 Tempests' (LOL)-
>
> I remember that there was quite a bit of discussion regarding the
>nature of BaneLords and BaneLord weaponry. In reviewing the new 5.0
>Beta Book (thanks again Jar!!) I find the BaneLord weps are now listed
>with their appropriate costs. My questions are these:
>
>1) Is 'BaneLord' now considered 1) a generic term for a daemonically
>enhanced WarLord Titan, 2) a Khorne specific WarLord, or 3) only the
>'pre-packaged' Khornate WarLord with the specific weapons we all know
>and loathe..? (I'm hoping its option 1) a generic term for a
>daemonically enhanced WarLord Titan...if not: I think it maybe should
>be. It's just too cool!)

Its a combination of one and two. Is a daemonically enhance warlord
titan that is specific for Khorne.

>1.5) Corollary Question: Can a BaneLord take other weapons than the
>'standard' BaneLord pre-package and still be considered a BaneLord?

Yes, the cost of the hull is the same for the standard warlord. Note
that the cost balances out, since this banelord hull gets the psi-save
and the bonuses for khorne engine, but CANNOT take first fire orders.....

If you take the standard banelord weapon package its 800 points. If not
you can tailor it as you would an imperial titan.

I guess Jar needs to make this more clear in the final version of the rules.

>2) Can Non-BaneLord Chaos Titans have access to what used to be
>BaneLord specific Weapon mounts...? The rules as written don't
>forbid this (as far as I have found), and I am very pleased by this idea!

Yes, they can. The weapon are now "chaos titan weapons".

>I have been using a lot of Weapon substitutions and swaps based on the
>relatively rarity of Titan Weapons (especially Beetle Warlord Plastic
>Weapon sprues....anyone have any extra BTW???), and am re-converting
>my Titans to use Stephane's magnetic mounting 'hot-swap' method. I
>have been using the 40K Dreadnaught weapons as Titan Weps (which look
>_very_ cool: No Pictures yet, but as soon as I can borrow or buy a
>digital camera, I'll put 'em somewhere to look at).
>
>I'd really like it if I could make my 'BaneLords' hot-swappable too...

You get your wish then.... :-)

Peter