Re: [NetEpic ML] GW shares crumble

From: Ed Raith <ewraith_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:57:43 -0400

I've seen way to many game companies die in the 30+ years I've been playing,
Avalon Hill, SPI, etc. I loved them and I hated to see them go. Yes GW
prices are high, perhaps the highest in the market but, their quality is
pretty good overall and it keeps them in business. I think of the extra
expense over some miniature makers as paying dues to keep GW healthy. I
want new GW material, the monthly magazine, and gaming challenges that GW
brings. This is not an endorsement of how GW does things (especially with
what happened to the Specialty Games line). But, if you could bring non-GW
miniatures to GW Tournaments and GW stores, there would be no reason to buy
GW's miniatures (unless you loved the way they looked). This would KILL GW
very fast and I don't want to see that happen. GW has a lot of warts and
the bad breath of questionable "gaming" decisions but, it still has the best
games it town, by far.
Ed Raith