Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Tau Titans

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:11:49 -0400

Morgan_Keyes_at_... wrote:

> You know, I half suspected this would happen, and that the original
> intent of my post would be lost or muddled by others. Frankly, I care
> one whit whether anyone on here loves or hates GW and FW. I don't
> have a position on them one way or another and never said otherwise.
> People on here bemoaned a lack of Praetorian/Titan-level unit in the
> Tau. I presented an alternate line of thought beyond "must be a
> Titan", not because I didn't agree with Tau Knights/Titans, but just
> to present a different approach. This was followed by "no, no...can't
> do that cause there are no models for these concepts" (like we have
> alot of readily available models for alot of NetEpic units). Not that
> really cared, but for the sake of giving the group information I said
> that there were models for some out there. Again, I don't care if
> some think they are expensive and/or they don't like the makers.
> That's moot.
> "Do models for some exist or some for mod'ing?",
>
> "Yes".
>
> "Do you think we can afford those models?"
>
> <shrug> "Don't know, don't care. That's not what I was asked."
>
> Frankly I'm rather disappointed with the apparent knee-jerk that leads
> the point of the original discussion to be lost. Fine, continue your
> discussions. I'd hate to detract because a line of thought that gets
> presented gets misread via logic Cheetah Flips as some
> GW/FW cheerleading or runs counter "party line".
>

> --
> Win the Mind, Win the Day
> Airborne All The Way

Hi!

Dont dispair Morgan. I have taken your recommendations to heart and have
quite warmed up to them. :-)

I am using you original post to make those Tau units. I would have
posted them last night but it got late. At some point tonight I will
finish them.

Sometimes it takes a while, but if you are persistent in presenting your
points, someone usually wakes up and comes around. ;-)

Peter