Re: [NetEpic ML] missing Hydra AA gun

From: topi_mikkola <topi.mikkola_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:55:58 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_m...> wrote:

!

> The name "Hydra" was lost between versions 3 and 4 (from "Hydra AA
> Gun" to "AA Gun"), then the Marines were given the Hunter and the IG
>the Scorpion. The Hunter has more dice, CAF and movement, the
> Scorpion has better TSM. I don't know why the stats were downgraded
> from the Hydra.
> -Yar

Problem with the scorpion (and even less mobile zulu) is that they
cannot keep up with tanks or mech infantry. So in attacks IG must
either deploy fighters for AA cover, or attack without an AA umbrella,
 both of which are not that good options, if enemy have air superiority.

We just copied hydra stats and cost from older versions, so IG player
was happy again ;)

Topi

PS: Kudos for v5, great work!