Re: [NetEpic ML] RCW / WW1 NetEpic

From: Ferran Clavero <int255_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:54:42 +0200

I like the regroup order .

thanks for your colaboration ivan

bans
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ivan
  To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 8:12 AM
  Subject: [NetEpic ML] RCW / WW1 NetEpic

  Played a Russian civil war game using NetEpic today, before the
  evenings Runequest session.

  Here are the rough rules we used. Mind that they are tweaked a bit for
  a smaller table, and a low number of troops on the table.
  We will definately use them again for RCW and WW1 gaming. Propably WW2
  as well

  Rules changes:

  Units must be within 15 cm of a command stand, or must dice on the
  following chart.

  0: Routs and is removed. (For RCW games, unit deserts to enemy side,
  if within 25 cm of enemy troops)

  1: Unit suffers broken morale

  2-5: Hold position and fire in Advance segment

  6+: Give order normally.

  Elite units add +1. Rabble and militia deduct 1

  Casualty chart:
  Any infantry failing their save, rolls on the following chart (this
  was done to make the game more of a slugging match, with 20-some
  stands on each side. Omit for larger games)

  1-2: Destroyed
  3-4: Pinned. Cannot move or fight, and melee's at -2, untill
  detachment spends a turn regrouping.
  5-6: Repulsed 10 cm.

  For future games, I will omit this chart, except for command units.
  Instead, units passing a saving throw will be repulsed, propably.

  New orders:
  Regroup. Each stand may move 5 cm, and may fire Defensively (within 15
  cm). Pinned stands are recovered.

  Dig in. Move 5 cm, fire Defensive. In victory segment, unit is dug in,
  receiving -1 hit modifier to incoming Direct fire, untill other order
  is assumed. Dug in units may receive dig in orders, and move, without
  loosing benefit.

  Unit stats:
  All infantry has 10 cm movement, except Storm troops (15). I didnt do
  cavalry rules, as I dont have any painted RCW cavalry.
  Basic rifle range was given at 35 cm, as we have a small table. You
  could propably use the standard 50, though I made it shorter, to feel
  less high tech.

  Conscripts: 6+ saving throw. Hits on 6+. CAF 0
  Regulars: 5+ save. Hits on 5+. CAF +1
  Elite: 4+ save. Range +10 cm. CAF +2
  Storm troops. 5+ save. Hits on 4+. CAF +3. Range of only 15 cm. May
  fire on charge orders, if not assaulting. "assaulting fire" hits only on 6
  Heavy infantry (infantry platoon with LMG and rifle grenades). As
  regulars, but 2 attacks.
  HMG (CAF -1, 50 cm range. 2 attacks, -1 save mod)

  Command CAF +1, range 10 cm. Hits on 6+

  Hope someone will find it of interest, and I'd love to hear comments
  or feedback

  Cheers

  Weasel