Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: What was / is your Hardest Model to aquire??

From: douglas woodcock <douglas_woodcock_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:56:40 +0000 (GMT)

as a collector myself, I think the hardest to find when I knew about them was the Exodites. I did have a chance ages ago to buy them when I made an order and the UK Troll offered them and the Psi titan.... I only took the titan.

  Then when I discovered them vis US mail order is was easy.
I think the next hardest thing was the Pre warlord titan. I tracked down Steve Mussared who did the resin Gargants who helped me find Bob Naismith who did sculpted the warlord, didnt have much luck but I then found a set of legs and carapace and then finally a complete titan via ebay. Maksim bought the second one from the same seller although I really wanted that one which had the head and weapons to boot.

  There are many models I have managed to get hold of even unreleased, and even a green, but the next one on my list was a stompa which was sculpted by Steve Mussared, though he no longers has the green or one of the models anymore. :(

Tim Johns <tmjohns9_at_...> wrote:
  --- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Toma Diener"

wrote:

> ....Excluding such production bug-a-boos as Eldar Exodites,
> Psi-Titans or prototypical 1st ed titans (Yes, I'm looking right
at
> you Maksimsmelchak!!)
>
> ...For me, I simply cannot find enough Slaaneshi HellStriders
> (the little ones) or original Eldar Revenant titans (I need 9 and
6,
> respectively).
> Losing this auction just drives my batty:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=87684647
> 22&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1
>
> $42- for a $6.99 blister.
>

> What would you say was / is your Hardest Model to aquire??
>
> Your 'Grail" ?

The mini that is the hardest for me to acquire at a reasonable price
may be somewhat of a surprise: Knight Wardens, specifically the one
with treads. One, and only one, just went for almost $23 US on ebay.
I have none of these and all I want is three.

Tim a.k.a Dwarf Supreme

Yahoo! Groups Links