Re: [NetEpic ML] Army cards

From: Ed Raith <ewraith_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:23:51 -0400

Hello. Like everyone else, I really prefer SM2 formation cards with the
black silhouettes. It's by far the best presentation. I'm not sure how
much the cards should be jazzed up. The simple black silhouettes work just
fine. I would have moral and breakpoint on the front. The Stats for the
units in the formation belong on the back of the card. When your out and
about, you can just take the cards with you and make up a force on the bus,
lunch break, etc. You've got the stats handy, no shuffling through papers,
rule books, etc. It's great easy and straight forward. Newbies would not
be so confused by a mass of stats on a "stat page". You've got a card with
a unit picture (which helps the newbie ID the miniature on the table and
very quickly he knows what stats go with that model and not mix up units and
stats. Easy!! It would be a real disappointment not to have the unit stats
on the formation cards. I would add the stats and keep special rules to a
minimum.
     I have an idea for making "Titan Cards". You would have a Titan hull
at such and such price. That card would tell you want "Weapons Cards" could
be added to the Titan. The Weapons cards would have the weapon's stats,
cost, what Titan you could add it too and any special rules. This would
simplify Titan building a great deal. (As a side note: You could also keep
track of Titan damage by removing cards with the Titan gets a weapon blown
off.)
Thanks, Ed