[NetEpic ML] Re: R: heresy questions

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:09:41 +1100

At 05:11 PM 2/3/00 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi Lorenzo,
>
>> You can translate "unreliable" with "inaffidabile"
>
>I understand what unreliable mean but I need to know if the rules state that
>all the ork weapons mulfunction or only the mekaniaks one.
>For example: are the goff shotas unreliable, or only in the case I grant
>them a kustom weapon because I have a mekaniak in my army?

The way I understand it is that only units you "improve" with Mekboy
shootaz are subject to being unreliable. The way it works I believe is
that you pick the units you want the Mekboys to "upgrade". Then for each
unit you roll on the modification table. This is the improvement that
units gets for the entire battle. But if the "improved" unit rolls a
critical failure (a 1 to hit I believe), then you roll on the malfunction
table.

Any wording errors will have come from the fact that in his original draft,
Peter had ALL Ork units subject to the Improvements and Malfucntions roll
(on a 10 to hit they would get an improvement for the turn, if they rolled
a 1 to hit they suffered a malfunction). This resulted in far too much
rolling so Peter decided to allow Mekboy units to modify some Orks for the
better, but the tradeoff was that they could malfunction. Much better IMO.
 I guess that Peter will need to re-write the Mekboy tweaking rules a
little better.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."