Point Clarification - Razorback

From: enderel <enderel_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 07:28:53 -0000

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could clarify the points value for the
Razorback please. In the Space Marine army list a detachment of 6
Razorbacks is 400 points. So that the equivalent of 200 pts for 3.
Considering the stats that the Razorback has I cannot see the point
of it being that expensive.

For 500 points you can have two land raider detachments with greater
fire power, greater transport capabilities and a much better save.

For 400 points you can have two predator detachments which don't
have any transport but do have better armour and weapons.

Or for 400 points you can have four thunderhawks with far greater
maneouvability, fire power, transport capabilities and saves!

Is 400 pts for 6 Razorbacks not a little high? I'd suggest
something more like 350 pts or if directly replacing a detachments
Rhino's 300pts as a starting point. Even then I feel they are a bit
expensive and I'd like to see them at 300pts and 250pts respectively!