Re: Tanith First and Only and Elite regiments reprise

From: elrohirtwin <elrohirtwin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:23:09 -0000

1. If Gaunt is used (and why wouldn't you use him?), no other
 Commissars can be used?

     Yes...as the original incarnation of the rules. I decided to
keep this (Even though in fluff the tanith already has Cmmsr. Hark)
because I'm guessing I had to balance them a little. Having a break
18 for the tanith just seemed too much. Suggestions on this from the
community are appreciated. :D

 2. Should the Gaunt card read Gaunt and 10 Personal Guard? This
 would distinguish them from tactical troops.

     Sorry, I forgot to change that. I'll probably edit it in a week
or so. But in any case, the Gaunt Special card should read Gaunt and
10 Personal Guard Stands instead of Tanith Tactical Stands. I was
wrong to assume that it would be automatically understood that the
ones on the card were already Gaunt's personal guard.

 3. Is the only difference between Gaunt's Personal Guard and
 tactical troops the infiltration ability?

     Technically The whole Tanith Army can infiltrate. The only
difference is Gaunt and his Guard can set-up anywhere on the
battlefield not closer than 5 cm from an enemy stand THEN make their
infiltrate move at the end of the deployment phase. Much like
Alaitoc Pathfinders.

Thanks for the questions. If you have more just keep posting. :D

Cheers,
Mooshie

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "slideman567" <slideman567@...>