Revenants

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:07:19 +1000

Actually, I would argue that with the corrected stats 400 points for a
pair is probably reasonable, and I assumed this was a deliberate choice to
reflect their real worth. Perhaps a little cheap, but I wouldn't take
them at 600. Note that 550 points gets you a pair of Warhounds with 4
TLDs (or 4 Quake Cannon for 590) which I think are far more formidable
than the pair of Revenants. Personally, I think the Eldar have been quite
heavily "de-tuned" since SM2 days, so giving them the occasional good
value unit is probably not a bad thing. I certainly don't see a pair of
Revenants as game breaking....I still remember quite vividly having a pair
of them destroyed on the very first shot of a game by a single Basilisk
detachment.

One option to encourage their use in a Saim-Hann Craftworld force might be
to leave them at 400 for the Craftworld, but revise upward (slightly) the
price of the normal Special Card. Maybe the Special Rule for Saim-Hann
should also be toughened up so that they cannot use Phantoms as the trade
off.

netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
14/03/2007 08:12 PM
Please respond to
"No Reply"<notify-dg-netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>

netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
cc

Subject
[NetEpic ML] Digest Number 1953

NetEpic Mailing List
Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)
1a.
Re: Revenant Titan From: Stephane
1b.
Re: Revenant Titan From: Tim Johns
View All Topics | Create New Topic
Messages
1a.
Re: Revenant Titan
Posted by: "Stephane" kotrin_at_... Kotrin
Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:47 am (PST)
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your summary, sound and complete.

I think that we should sort things a bit, like you suggest (D3 hits, 75
cm in text and template, etc.) between text and templates.

Yet, I've played them and I think that the 600 points for a pair of
Revenants is perfectly appropriate. That's 300 points each, but they
each feature TWO baby pulsars in addition to other weapons. 400 points
would definitively be a steal.

Stephane

Back to top
Messages in this topic (4)
1b.
Re: Revenant Titan
Posted by: "Tim Johns" tmjohns9_at_... tmjohns9
Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:10 am (PST)
--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Stephane" <kotrin_at_...> wrote:

> Stephane

600 points seems reasonable to me, too. Even at 600, taking a
Revenants is a no-brainer.

Tim aka Dwarf Supreme