[Netepic] Allies: To be or not to be?

From: Peter Ramos <netepic_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:36:18 -0400

Hi!

As Netepic gold continues its progress to completion the inevitable
questions, tweaking and revising ensues.

One issue has emerged that need the attention of this list... again.

As some of our veterans may remember the issues of allies, in other
words what or whom can mix with what is an old, old debate.

Over the decade netepic has been around we have gone the full spectrum.
No allies. Some allies and the current mix (some say complex) of
percentages, codex lists and standard lists.

My question to the group is:

Have we gone to far?

Is the current scheme to complex?

Does mixing/permitting allies "water down" the character of armies?

Should no allies per permitted? In other words "pure" armies only?

If allies are allowed, who should get them and what specific units
should be allowed.

Perhaps this is beating the dead horse, but it is an issue of such
significance that I think another round of debate is not a bad idea.

Peter