Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Tau Tactical Genius Ability

From: Peter Ramos <netepic_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:14:19 -0400

Kelvin Henderson wrote:

> The intent was that the Tau player could see what the orders
> of his opponent were and then change them around, but the use of the Fog
> of War rule makes this ability useless as the only thing that you do in
> the Orders Phase is to put order counters out, not reveal them as you did
> in the old SM2 rules. You do not reveal orders until you activate
> the unit you are using, either to move in the Movement Phase or to fire
> in the First Fire or Advance Phase. So yes, the Shas'O Tactical
> Genius ability it pretty well useless as it stands. It is on my
> "To Do" List for the Tau book, it just slipped off the
> radar.
>

> I think this should change from the Orders Phase to the Movement
> Phase. This way you can see what the flow of the battle is like and
> make the adjustment accordingly, but you need to make the decision during
> movement so the ability is limited.
>

> On a side note, if other people are playing with the Tau/Kroot list,
> could you please provide feedback on your experiences. The
> Tau/Kroot list is our least play-tested list and any and all information
> that can be provided on how they perform and what seems under- or
> over-costed is very much appreciated.
>

> BTW, I have a 5.2 version of the rule book with the relevant points
> adjustments made from recent playtesting experiences and I hope to make
> it available soon.

Hi!

Correct the ability is of little meaning under the current fog of war
scheme and it should be changed to the movement phase.

Kelvin, there are quite extensive talk on revising the Tau in Epicomms
with some of the gentlemen there who are actively playtesting them
(assuming you arent one of them, since I dont recognize the user names).
Visit the thread and post you thoughts as we3ll.

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=14;t=9573

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=14;t=9633

Peter