RE: [NetEpic ML] Digest Number 2047

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:35:38 +0200

I've never played with the little buggers, however I've had det
"displeasure" of faceing them several times. I find that it is always
difficult to play against the squats, mostly because of their high
breakpoints. You can't really rely on getting many victory points from
broken squat units. Wich means that you usually find yourself spreading
out in order to secure as many objectives as possible.

This is something that a smart squat player can use to his advantage. He
should select a few objetives and fortrify himself around these, while
keeping a mobile reserve of bikes or gyrocopters. The enemy must attack
the squat possisions in order to secure a win, all the time fearing a
deep counterstrike towards the other objectives from the mobile reserve.
Meaning they might have trouble commiting enough troops to a
concentrated assault on the squat possisons, and over time anyone,
perhaps except the guard, will loos a firefight with the squats.

Of course there is a challenge in securing the objektives in the first
place...

Nils