RE: [NetEpic ML] Some questions

From: ciber nyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:11:03 +0100

1.- IIRC, a unit that for any cause (mostly casualties) has been thrown out of coherency may in the following turns:

a) stay in First Fire even when out of coherency if they were in first fire the previous turn
b) advance or charge, in which case, the unit must move to end up staying in coherence

I would argue that a unit that is not on first fire and is out of coherence should also be able to be given first fire orders like a), but the rules express it in such a way that only units that where in first fire when they lost coherence may keep those orders in later turns.

Staying out of coherence does not affect Close Combat, AFAIK.

2.- A non-pinned model may fire to any other model according to the usual targeting rules (HQs, cover, ...). If it is pinned it cannot. Note that the pinning status is decided in the movement phase, and shooting in that phase is strictly limited to a few special cases. By the time you reach shooting phase you'll know who is pinned and who is not.

3.- A floater could fire to another floater if it would have AA classed weapons. The question here is if any floater has AA weapons and if not, whether any should have them.

4.- You are right. They do not get the malus

5.- For the cyclops Hellfury cannon, against a woundable target I would work it out pretty much the same way as for shields: once hit, you get a second hit on 3+, a third on 4+ and so forth... until you fail or you make a hole through it. :-)

6.-I don't think there is a rule stating you must charge the closest enemy unit. Personally, I would prefer to leave it to common sense, hence, you won't throw your veteran marines against a pack of gretchins just because they are 12 cm away from the SM flank when the ork mob is 15 cm to their front. Another story is when those gretchins are on the way to the ork mob. In any case, note the optional rule of Zones of control. It is quite useful and cuts down quite a lot of cheesy tactics.