Re: R: [NetEpic ML] New Necron army list

From: Stephane <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:35:14 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Langhi" <crystalmir@...> wrote:

> I will give it a try, I already play Necrons in BFG!
>
> What models do you use?!?
>
> Deda

For the moment, proxies only...

But people playing E:A have made miracles for Necron models. Here's
what they use:

- Necron warriors: Chaos Androids from the old Chaos plastic sprue,
but they are now insanely rare. I've also seen suitable Necron
Warriors made from Ork boyz with an appropriate paint scheme.
- Immortals: as Warriors, but with a beefy weapon. Usually custom
conversion.
- Pariahs: I've seen impressive conversion from wingless Eldar Exarches.
- Necron Lord: use Techmarine as a starting point, or a Chaos commander.
- Tomb Spyder: 40K scarab.
- Destroyer: a warp spider torso works wonders over a 40k scarab or a
40K necron torso (yeah, the rib cage simulates a good anti-grav platform.)
- Hvy destroyer: as destroyer but with a necron warrior torso.
- Tomb Golem: OOP Necron Immortal or OOP Necron warrior at 40K scale.
- Tomb Stalker: 40K Tomb Spyder.

Other models have to be full conversions, I'm afraid. Some of them are
pretty simple (a plastic square stand is a good starting point for an
Obelisk) but others are more tricky, like a pylon or an Abattoir. I
hope that the descriptions in the book can lead you to interesting
designs.

If you achieve neat Necron conversion, please tell us!

Best regards, Kotrin