RE: [NetEpic ML] Snap fire etc

From: Palmer, Jon <J.S.Palmer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:36:38 +1300

Great, thank you

Jon P

________________________________
From: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com [mailto:netepic_at_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Ramos
Sent: Monday, 16 February 2009 4:30 p.m.
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] Snap fire etc

Hi!

jonterrinz wrote:

> I'm new to netepic so have a couple of silly questions.
>
> 1)A unit is activated on first fire fires at a another unit and
> destroys it, within the same turn another enemy unit moves into view
> can you snap fire at it. i.e. can you snap fire after firing in the
> first fire step?

No. Snap firing consumes the units firing for that turn.

> 2)you have placed a first fire counted down next to a unit and counter
> has not been revealed, but a enemy unit moves in from of this unit
> before its activated can it perform a snap fire phase?

You don't have to wait to activate the unit to use snap fire. Once an
enemy unit moves ANY unit with first fire orders that has not been
revealed (not activated yet) can do so.

If you choose NOT to snap fire and let the enemy unit engage in base to
base contact you CAN NOT snap fire anymore and fire normally in the
first fire phase at the unit that engaged you (with no snap fire penalty).

Basically snap fire is to STOP enemy movement during the movement phase.
Its an optional tactic, but it has a firing penalty and you avoid
getting pinned in close combat. Waiting until the first fire phase
eliminates the snap fire penalty but you are pinned (depending on what
engages you) and you can only fire at the engaging unit.

Did that clarify the question?

Peter