Discussions update

From: <pramos10_at_...>
Date: 10 May 2015 09:17:12 -0700

Hi!

We are continuing to develop the formula and some ideas on how to adjust barrage weapons costs was also discuss and will be looked into.

Also, changes in the way units with hit location templates are calculate are also being revised. We'll keep everyone updated.

 Another "hot topic" on Taccoms that evolved from the flier discussion were command units.
 Under 1st edition all available forces were constructed with some type of leaders or command. Second edition went the weird route of assigning a command structre to some armies (IG,orks) and leave others without any (Eldar, Chaos).
 Also, command units don't really behave as such in armies that nominally have them (SM for example).
 Therefore it was asked why not introduce proper command to ALL armies?
 While most of this task is army building related to be tackled at that time, how they should behave is a core question.
 It has been mentioned that things like forward observer or or "special" air mission support should all just go to the HQ/command unit and eliminate redundant units that exist now.
 In other words make these units act like command by giving them command functions.
 Also, shouldn't command/HQ units have some sort of command radius i which attached formations should operate in? As of now only IG and Orks have this.
 Why don't others? I understand Eldar and SM are more flexible, but command doesn't really exist in those armies (which is silly).
 So the question is, should these units be given actual command like abilities so they can ACT like command?
 Discuss.

 All commentary welcome! :)

 Peter