[NetEpic ML] Re: R: Vehicle close combat

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:04:19 -0600

Hi!

Heheh, it seems that the tide is turning to leave as is, which is okay since there was a bare majority to this anyway.

Any more opinions for against.

>The first issue to resolve is how vehicles engage in close combat.

>Simply put, when a vehicle charges it uses the printed CAF listed in the
rules (overrun >attack). When the vehicle itself is charged use the half the
printed CAF's value (round >down).

I desagree because this change makes vehicules too vulnerable; usually
speaking about CAF we can immagine that it shows how hard their armor is in
close combat; in epic, generally, this factor is underestimated and we have
that most vehicules have a good save (i.e. 2+) but lower CAF (i.e. a land
raider has an armor of 2+ and a caf of +3), this fact, IMHO, rappresent the
vulnerability of the vehicule when assaulted all around and immobile, not
its real defence factor, if we consider a mobile vehicule this factor should
be rised.
IMHO if we want simulate the overrun attack we have to rise the basic CAF.

Stefano